Monday, September 13, 2010

Um Eww

This weekend I worked the Saturday afternoon/evening shift. Fairly good shift, actually. This woman checked in and was placed on the fourth floor, since she came in too early for her request to be honored. And I was asked if I ever stop smiling, which I consider a pretty big compliment. Too bad my manager wasn't there - on the weekly schedule, there's always a note below that says "Smiles On!" Hee hee.

The eww thing happened as my shift was ending. The night guy is usually late, so I was hanging out waiting for him, five minutes past the time my shift was supposed to have ended. A woman calls the front desk.

"Guest Services."
"Hi. Is it too late for room service?"
"We don't have room service here, ma'am."
"Oh." Long pause. I'm expecting here to ask me about some delivery options, or restaurants that are still open, but instead... "How would I go about getting another cover?"
"You need another blanket?"
"Yes...and sheets too. My son threw up in the bed."

Um, eww. Thankfully, the night guy came in just then and I passed her off to him. This is why I don't like children.

2 comments:

  1. Ewwwwww. Things like that can happen unexpectedly, though, so I wouldn't be too upset. I remember being a kid, and on the rare occasions I did throw up, it was usually without warning. Always caught me off guard.

    Still...I bet the vomit seeped through the sheets and onto the mattress. Good luck getting that vomit smell out. BLEGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh...room service is food. Did she think the food people were going to clean up the regurgitated product? Stupid.

    ReplyDelete