Thursday, August 12, 2010

Not Close Enough

So, I checked in some guests over the weekend. Two sets of...friends? Maybe cousins. Whatever, I don't know and I don't care. The two reservations were under the same name, so when I blocked the rooms I put them close together. They come and their rooms aren't ready yet, so I check the computer and find 2 rooms that are - 216 and 219. I check them in, they leave the desk.

A few minutes later, one of the women from the party comes back to the desk. I didn't see anyone else with her, so I thought they went up, but who knows. She says to me "Are these rooms next to each other?" I tell her, "No ma'am, but they're very close together."

"BUT WE WANTED ADJOINING ROOMS!!!" And here we go.

I tell her that we don't have adjoining rooms. Honestly, I am puzzled by this woman. Our rooms are set up in sets of 2, so 216 and 219 aren't right across from each other - that's 215 and 217, and 218 and 220, respectively, but they're still close. I ask her if she went upstairs to see the rooms yet. She tells me no.

Seriously, why would you come and complain before you've even seen how far apart they are? I tell her to go upstairs and take a look and see if the distance is acceptable. She didn't come back after that.

1 comment:

  1. "Seriously, why would you come and complain before you've even seen how far apart they are?"

    Because people are assholes. I thought you knew this.

    ReplyDelete