Sunday, October 24, 2010

My New Job

So, in the 2 1/2 weeks since my last post, I have started my new job. All in all, I'd say it's going okay so far...not great, but okay.

I started on a Sunday (10/10/10 and 5 weddings staying - can people please choose a more original date to get married?!?!), which was an idiotic move on the hotel's part, since there was of course no manager there to train me. Although perhaps this was not a mistake on the their part, as I thought, because in the two weeks I've been there I've received little to no training. I went into a few rooms on my own - that was my tour of the rooms - and wandered around the hotel's lowest level - that was how I found the fitness center. Apparently this is not unusual - they don't seem to believe in training at my new job. I've been asked things - where the fitness center is, do we have irons in the rooms, how many people do the suites accommodate - and been unable to answer them. Sigh.

Additionally, there are supposed to always be two people at the front desk. Riiiight. Sometimes what happens is there are two people on paper, but the front desk supervisor is the second person and she stays in the back all day. Otherwise, I'm always with the same guy, who is nice but takes frequent breaks to make phone calls or go bullshit in the back office.

Oh well. At least I'm making more that I did before, I have a set schedule, and I get (some) tips from driving the hotel shuttle. I'm only going to be there for 11 months anyway.

My first story from this place soon to come. This guy was genuinely delusional. If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny. Oh wait...it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment