Saturday, October 2, 2010

Gritting My Teeth...

This is un-fucking believable. People are disgusting pigs, assholes, insert your choice word here. Unreal.

My hotel is located fairly close to West Point Military Academy, and this weekend is homecoming weekend. Upon their return from the game, several families asked me if they could hang out in the breakfast room. Figuring that they just wanted to eat dinner and hang out for a bit, I said yes and warned them to keep the noise down. You see, these families checked in last night at around 10 PM and promptly stared screaming, yelling, and drinking beers. I got phone calls from nearby rooms asking me to shut them up! So I tell them to keep the noise down and they say it would be worse if they go up and hang out in one of the rooms. Fine, whatever.

Well, little did I know that they planned to use the breakfast room as if it was a kitchen in one of their homes! Out come the coolers, the beers, and the drink shakers. And the noise. I'm standing here, gritting my teeth, having told them repeatedly to keep it down and wondering about my options for kicking them back to their rooms.

These people are fucking ridiculous. One of the men came to the front, with his beer, to ask about the channels for the TV in that room. Since they're not the same as they are in the rooms, I don't know what they are. I tell him this.

"Oh. So you don't know if there are any of the regular channels on it. Because we're trying to watch and we're really not getting what we want."

Well, that makes two of us then. I wanted a nice quiet Saturday night, but it seems I'm not going to get one. I am so tempted to say this to him, but manage to restrain myself and simply shake my head no.

"So who handles the channels then?" Umm, Comcast or whoever our cable provider is? I have no idea. "There's no maintenance man to handle this?" Again, no. "Then who helps you?" NO ONE, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!!! Otherwise, I'd have kicked them out by now, because there'd be someone to help me with this group of drunk idiots and the mess they're going to leave.

Then, the cherry on top of a truly fantastic few hours. One of the drink morons knocks over a huge cooler, which was once filled with ice but is now mostly water. I stare at the mess, my face white and pinched. These people are getting on my last fucking nerve. One of the women volunteers to clean it up, and we go get a mop and bucket. I go back to the desk, and the woman starts cleaning up. And then the TV asshole from before comes back.

"Why are you doing that? Why isn't there someone from the hotel to do that?" Umm, seriously? I stare at him and try not to burst into hysterical laughter. He wants me to clean up the mess these drunk idiots made? He continues, "I'm serious! Let me get a video of this. I'm going to put it on YouTube and send it to your CEO!"

The woman cleaning up tells him she volunteered, and he continues to make asinine comments while she cleans. He pulls out his phone and after the woman finishes and I put the bucket away (and tell her, again, to keep the noise down) I come back to more idiotic comments.

"Is it on YouTube? Yeah, it's up! You're on YouTube! You're on YouTube!"

And they're still here. Time is just dragging by. I would looove to kick them out, but I don't want to deal with the scene they're guaranteeeeed to make. Fucking assholes! If you don't know how to behave in public, stay home!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you can at least add a cleanup charge to their room. Assholes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You posted this at 8 pm at night? And THAT is when they did this? [Since you seemed to be typing in the present tense and you are EST] Holy god that is early to be drunk assholes. I wonder how audit dealt with them later....wow.

    Agree with Lucy - if anyone had to clean the breakfast room a charge should go on their room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any luck finding the video? We can go flame it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked, but couldn't find it. They were probably just lying, on top of everything else.

    At least some of the non-drunk women cleaned up most of the mess.

    ReplyDelete