Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm Lost

So my hotel is located behind a shopping center. It's pretty convenient, actually, for people who forget items at home. Who is it not convenient for? The front desk clerk, who fields all the phone calls from lost guests. I give guests exact directions, and they'll still drive by the shopping center three times before they get it.

Guest: "I'm in the parking lot at Lowe's. How do I get to where you are?"
Me: "You went too far. You're going to need to turn around." (guest turns around and is driving) "Okay...so you see the shopping center on your left, where the Subway is? You need to go into that shopping center and go all the way back."
Guest: "OH, so it really is in the shopping center?"
Me: "Yes sir."
Guest: "Mapquest was telling me that, but it didn't make any sense to me so I didn't make that turn."
Me: "Oh, don't worry sir, it happens all the time."

At least people are usually near when they get lost, and I know the area. I once had people call me from I-95, asking for help. The problem is, my hotel isn't off of I-95, and I suck at directions. Or as my father puts it "the blind leading the blind". But I did get them to the hotel. Eventually. Thanks, Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment