Sunday, July 18, 2010

Expedia Strikes Again

So, yesterday was my fifth day and now I have the weekend off!!! Yay!!! But Friday was a bitch. Seriously, I have to stop offering to do things for people and just let them deal with their screw-ups on their own.

Case in point:
Yet another Expedia reservation. And yes, I will admit that it's confusing to see that a room type called DOUBLE has one double bed, and DOUBLEDOUBLE has two double beds, but really, people, it's not that difficult. Read the description below the room type, number of beds is first thing mentioned. So this guy comes in with his wife and their two kids, I check them in, then say to him "You know that this room only has one bed, right?"

"No, no, it has two. I even spoke to Expedia and they told me it definitely has two." Another case of Expedia lying, no surprise there. But he did book a room with only one bed. I offer to put them in a room with two beds for an extra $15, he turns me down, says they'll be okay. But for some reason, I feel bad for them, so I offer to get them a cot. They say yes, and I run upstairs with them to get a cot. I have no idea where those are, only that they're stored in closets on the upper floors, since normally, they're requested IN ADVANCE. As they should be. Because the poor front desk clerk who is the only person working that night should not be the one to deal with this shit.

After trying every key for a closet on the third floor, I finally give up and go to the fourth floor, where trying every key finally yields results. I bring the cot to their room, which is pretty much the smallest double we have. Meaning the cot has nowhere to go. I wheel it in and the father is missing. So the mother just stands there, watching me struggle with this huge cot as I try to figure out where it should go. Seriously, this is the point where you're supposed to take the cot from me and let me go back downstairs, seeing as how I'm the only one working right now. Finally, I tell her, "I'll let you figure it out" and head out.

One my way out, the father comes back in, and thanks me exuberantly for bringing the cot. You're welcome. And if you ever come back to this hotel, I won't be offering again. Seriously people, spend the extra $20 and get the room you actually NEED.

No comments:

Post a Comment