Monday, August 1, 2011

Bedding Cycles

I don't know what it is with people and the telephone. We get so many weirdos. Case in point:

Caller: I wanted to know the last time your rooms were renovated.
Me: Five years ago, ma'am. The hotel was completely gutted, everything rebuilt.
Caller: So the bedding in your rooms is five years old?
Me: Umm...the age of the bedding would vary by room. Bedding is replaced as needed.
Caller: But the furniture is five years old.
Me: Yes.
Caller: Okay. How long are those bedding cycles?
Me: (long pause) I don't know. I would have to check with housekeeping.

Did she seriously expect me to know the answer to that question?

2 comments:

  1. Why the fuck does it matter? If she's worried about old bedding then she can lug her very own personal bedding set with her, change the bedding for the duration of her stay, and take hers with her when she leaves. It would ensure she doesn't have to touch *old* bedding, heaven forbid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my first time to read this kind of blog. Bedding is very important in a hotel . Hope things will fall in its proper places.

    ReplyDelete