Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another Telephone Pet Peeve

Answering the telephone at work yields an endless realm of possibilities. Sometimes it's an enjoyable experience - you help people change reservations, choose rooms, correct mistakes. Other times, less so.

Me: Good morning, thank you for calling -----. This is ----- speaking, how may I assist you?
Caller: Yeah, I wanted to know how far you are from [insert random small town that I've never heard of here].
Me: Umm...I'm not really sure, to be honest. Where's that located? (caller gives more detail, I still don't know) I'm not familiar with that town, sorry. (I wouldn't mind looking it up, but the computers at work are incredibly slow)
Caller: Oh, okay. I'll just look it up on the computer.

End call. And the reason they didn't just look it up to begin with? Unknown.

1 comment: