Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dumb Question of the Day

This week has been busy. My hotel is a business hotel, but with this week being considered a "holiday" week and all, we have a lot of leisure travelers. Leisure travelers who miss breakfast (no, you cannot lounge in your room until 11 and then get upset breakfast isn't still being served), call down repeatedly to ask for things, need directions to get everywhere, need suggestions for entertainment...busy times.

So today, I was fairly busy at the desk. A guest approaches the side of it and I walk over to him. I wasn't able to pay attention to the entire lobby at that point and there had no idea where he came from. He was holding two Kit-Kats.

Him: Are these for sale?
I was momentarily stumped by this question. I mean, if he got them from the market, of course they're for sale - they're not free. But I would assume someone would know that and not ask such an asinine question.
Me: Excuse me? (at this point, I was hoping he would expand on his question. Alas, he did not.)
Him: Are these for sale?
Me: Did you get them from the market?
Him: (looking at me like I'm an idiot) Yes.
Me; Then yes, they're for sale. That will be three dollars.

Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment